We have all the tips, tricks, tutorials, and guides you’ll need to become a master of shopping online. Find better deals, avoid tricky scams, and save money!
Online shopping has exploded so much in the past decade that brick-and-mortar stores are closing in response. And in America, over half of all online shopping is done through Amazon. With free two-day shipping via Amazon Prime, it’s no wonder that people are coming to rely on the e-commerce giant for nearly everything.
But online shopping can be a huge money sink if you aren’t careful. On the one hand, it’s incredibly easy to overspend if you’re careless; on the other hand, you can save a LOT of money if you’re patient and know how to snag deals and bargains as they come.
Here’s what you need to know about being a better, smarter, and faster online shopper.
The Best Sites for Online Shopping
Amazon is the king of all online retailers, and that won’t be changing anytime soon. But that doesn’t mean you always have to shop at Amazon. Indeed, you might want to shop elsewhere for any number of reasons:
- Amazon vs. eBay: Which Is Better for Online Shopping?
- What Is Wish? Is It Safe for Online Shopping?
- The Best Sites to Buy and Sell Used Stuff Online
- The Best Online Shopping Sites With Free 2-Day Shipping
- The Best Online Shopping Sites With Free International Shipping
- The Best Chinese Shopping Sites That Ship to the US
- The Best Bargain Sites That Are Cheaper Than eBay
- The Best Online Shopping Sites for Cheap Electronics
- The Best Auction Sites for Incredible Bargains
Where to Shop Online for Specific Items
At the end of the day, there are dozens of excellent online retailers out there. Many of them are niche and specialized in a certain category of items, so don’t expect to find a full-blown replacement for Amazon. Rather, when you’re in the market for something specific, consider these sites instead:
- The Best Sites to Buy Books Online
- The Best Sites to Buy College Textbooks Online
- The Best Sites to Buy Used Computer Parts
- The Best Sites to Buy Refurbished Mac Laptops
- The Best Sites to Buy Cool T-Shirts Online
- The Best Sites to Buy Stuff for Your Pets
- The Best Sites to Buy Event Tickets
- The Best Sites to Buy Concert and Sports Tickets
Tips When Shopping on Amazon
It’s hard not to shop on Amazon these days. The next time you find yourself browsing the available wares, make sure you employ these tips and tricks to make sure you’re always getting the best deals and making the most of what Amazon offers:
- The Amazon Index: Every Feature and Service, Explained
- The Best Amazon Price Watch Trackers for Bargain Hunters
- How to Use PayPal on Amazon
- How to Use Advanced Search on Amazon to Find What You Want
- How to Sort Amazon Search Results by Number of Reviews
- How to Become an Amazon Vine Reviewer and Get Free Stuff
Every so often, you’ll run into issues when shopping on Amazon. Don’t get too hung up on it as that’s to be expected with an operation as monolithic as Amazon. Just take the necessary steps to avoid scams and rectify issues:
- How to Spot Fake Reviews on Amazon
- How to Check Amazon Seller Feedback and Avoid Scammers
- How to Return an Item on Amazon and Get Your Money Back
- What to Do If Your Amazon Order Never Arrived
If you find yourself ordering from Amazon often, you may want to consider upgrading to Amazon Prime. It’s not too expensive and comes with all kinds of benefits beyond free two-day shipping:
- Amazon Prime Benefits You’ve Probably Overlooked
- Monthly vs. Annual: Which Amazon Prime Membership Should You Get?
- How to Share Amazon Prime With Family
- What Is Amazon Prime Pantry? Everything You Need to Know
- What Is Amazon Prime Reading? Everything You Need to Know
- What Is Amazon Twitch Prime? Everything You Need to Know
Tips When Shopping on eBay
Want to buy something used or unusual? You’ll probably find it on eBay. As one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, you’ll find all kinds of stuff that you won’t elsewhere. Just be careful and always triple-check listings before committing to a purchase:
- Common eBay Scams to Be Aware Of
- eBay Online Shopping Tips You Must Know
- eBay Advanced Search Tips for Serious Shoppers
- How to Start Winning eBay Auctions With Automatic Bidding
Tips When Shopping on AliExpress
AliExpress offers some of the cheapest prices you’ll find anywhere on the internet, but it comes at a price: slow shipping speeds and higher risk of fraudulent goods. Here’s what you need to know before ordering anything on AliExpress:
- Is AliExpress Legit and Safe for Online Shopping?
- Tips for Shopping Safely on AliExpress (to Avoid Frauds and Scams)
How to Effortlessly Find Bargains, Deals, and Coupons
Hunting deals and coupons can be mentally exhausting. Fortunately, there are all kinds of websites, apps, and tools out there that will handle it for you. For very little effort, you can save tons of money with every purchase:
- The Best Sites for Finding Going Out of Business Sales
- The Best Sites for Online Coupons and Promotional Codes
- The Best Cashback Sites for Additional Savings at Checkout
- The Best Cashback Apps
- The Best Price Comparison Apps
- The Best Coupon Apps for Deal Hunters
- The Best Coupon Apps for Groceries
When Online Shopping Goes Wrong
Have you been scammed by an online retailer? Is a company refusing to honor their refund policy? Want to put an online shop on blast for terrible customer service? Check out these handy sites that let you do just that:
More Online Shopping Tips
- Refurbished vs. Used vs. Certified Pre-Owned: Which Is Better?
- Crucial Terms Every Online Shopper Should Know
Read the full article: The Ultimate Online Shopping Guide: 50+ Essential Tips, Tricks, and Secrets